Teams to Watch Champions League 2020
With Real Madrid clinching La Liga for the 34th time in July this year, football fans around the world are waiting with bated breath for Champions League 2020.
The event is a festival for all ardent football followers, with 32 teams vying for the title. Since the end of Round 1, a clear trend began emerging, helping fans predict this year’s favourites for the title. The Premier League may be over for a few weeks, but we still have some great European fixtures to look forward to.
The Five Favorites for Champions League 2020
- Manchester City – The Reds are undoubtedly among the best teams in EPL and probably the world. Finishing a close second, behind Liverpool in EPL 2020, Manchester City has a fighting chance of lifting the Champions League trophy this year.
Under Guardiola’s able leadership, City scored eight times against Watford, thrice against Arsenal, and won at the Santiago Bernabeu against Real Madrid. Now with the Premier League out of the picture this year, the guys can finally focus on bringing the title home this season.
- Paris Saint-Germain – The Parisians have had a rather easy season so far, crushing Real Madrid in France, securing a tie against Dortmund, and now gearing up for Round 2. The current Ligue 1 champions have their eyes on the cup.
Couple that with Neymar Junior’s excellent form and the only problem PSG currently faces is the lack of preparation, with no games for practice before the Champions League.
- Atletico de Madrid – A clear favourite for the title this season, Diego Simeone’s boys are raring to lift the trophy. And the tide of fortune seems to be on their side. First of all, Real Madrid lost against Manchester City in the first leg at home. So, their worst adversary is on the brinks of being eliminated from this year’s title run.
Cristiano Ronaldo and his boys at Juventus are also in a dicey situation following their 1-0 loss against Olympique Lyonnais. Historically speaking, Atleti never qualifies for the next round after facing a side led by Ronaldo. Some more bad luck out of the way this year!
- Bayern Munich – Currently the best team in Germany and perhaps the world, the Bavarians are in a great position to clinch the title this year. With a 3-0 lead over Chelsea, Robert Lewandowski has never been in better form!
Couple that with Jerome Boateng and Manuel Neuer finding their foothold and Bayern have a fighting chance of lifting this year’s cup. If the boys can hold on to their confidence, Bayern will undoubtedly be a force to reckon with.
- Barcelona – Despite failing to live up to their full potential this season, Barcelona have had their moments. The defending champions in La Liga have been consistent ever since Luis Suarez, Arthur Melo, and Ousmane Dembele’s return to fitness earlier this month.
Although Barca’s performance against Naples was disappointing in the first leg, resulting in a 1-1 draw. Antoine Griezmann’s goal was the confidence boost the team needed to push forward.
Follow this space for more updates on new betting sites and football.
Get A £25 Free Bet
New customers only. Place first bet of £5-£25 with min 3 selections. Min odds 1.8 per selection. Deposit method restrictio...
Premier League Preview Gameweek 31
Manchester City took another step closer to the 2020/21 Premier League title last weekend with…
Premier League Preview Gameweek 30
Following the international break, Premier League teams return for the final stretch of the 2020/21…
Premier League Preview Gameweek 29
Only four games are taking place in the Premier league this weekend but there is…
Premier League Preview Gameweek 28
Man United caused one of the biggest upsets of the season last weekend as the…
Premier League Preview Gameweek 27
Man City’s sensational run continued this week as they made it 21 wins in a…
Cheltenham Betting Tips & Advice
It’s almost upon us, the ‘Holy Grail’ of steeplechase horse racing, the Cheltenham Festival takes…